Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world yet it has abundant health and beauty benefits. Saffron has many healing and anti-inflammatory properties which help to heal damaged skin. Besides this, it brightens up the skin cells and gives you crystal radiant, fair, and glowing skin. This is why saffron is used in major cosmetic products.
Here is why and how you can add saffron to your daily skincare routine:
1. Promotes radiance:
Saffron when applied as a face pack, gives you crystal radiant and glowing skin just in 15 mins.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sandalwood, 2-4 strands of saffron, and 2-3 tablespoon of milk. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Wet your skin before applying the mixture either by washing the face or wiping your skin with a wet cloth.
- Apply the mixture and keep it for 20 mins and let it dry.
- Wash your face and remove the pack. While doing so gently massage your skin in a circular motion.
- Dry your skin with a soft cloth and see the results.
2. Treats acne and blemishes dark spots:
Saffron is full of antioxidants and antibacterial elements that help to lighten the skin marks and removes blackheads. Saffron is effective in removing acne and blemishing dark spots. The pack is used in combination with basil leaves which helps to remove bacteria that cause pimples and acne.
- Take few strands of saffron (4-5) with some basil leaves. Blend both of them and make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave it for 15mins.
- Wash your face with cold water and see the results.
3. Adds glow to dull skin:
The saffron mask helps to rejuvenate and freshen up your dull skin. Everyday pollution, harsh weather and external factor makes your skin dull and lifeless, thus the application of saffron mask can breathe life into your skin.
- Add two to three strands of saffron to two tablespoons of water and leave it overnight.
- Next day, Add 2 tablespoon of milk, honey, two to three drops of olive oil or coconut oil, and mix well.
- Add a pinch of sugar as it helps you in scrubbing off dead skin and blackheads.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave it for 20 min.
- Wash off with cold water and see the glow.
4. Treats irritated skin:
Honey and saffron are ideal for treating irritated skin. Honey has various medicinal properties that help to cure irritate the skin. It also moistures your skin and heals dry skin. This method is the best and everyone must include this in their skin routine.
- Take few strands of saffron and finely crush them.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, and few drops of rosewater.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply on your face.
- After 20 min washes your face and dry your face with a soft cloth.