Dried apricots are best for a snack in your weight loss regime as it is rich in fibre which will not let you feel hungry for almost 5hours.
Scientists have seen that adding dried apricots to your diet can lose pounds . Apricots make you feel full without adding lots of calories. Here are some amazing facts about dried apricot which will lead you to a healthy lifestyle.
1 . Dried Apricots are high in fibre:
Apricots are high in fibre which helps keep your gut bacteria healthy and promotes fat loss by reducing your appetite.
2. Dried Apricot are low in Calories:
Dried apricot has low in calories which make it the best dry fruit for weight loss. It has 68 calories per serving.
3.Dried apricot fulfil your craving and lose weight:
Dried apricot is sweet which will please the desire for sweetness and it will fill you up for almost 5 hours.
4.Helps boost Metabolism:
Dried apricots keep good digestion health which will boost your metabolism. Metabolism is the most important element in weight loss and weight gain . The higher , the more calories we burn and the easier to lose weight . Having a high metabolism can also gives us energy and leads to a healthy lifestyle.
5.Apricots plays a vital role in Hormonal Imbalance:
It is very difficult for people who suffer from PCOS or PCOD to lose weight. Apricot is very beneficial for those who suffer from PCOS since it contains high levels of fibre that can manage their insulin levels.
Other Amazing facts about dried Apricots:
- Eating a handful of Dried Apricots as a snack every day should be a must. In one cup of dried apricots, 94% of your body’s Vitamin A needs and 19% of its iron requirements are met.
- Dried Apricots are very nutritious as well as low in calories making them the best snack.
- Dried Apricots has the properties of an antioxidant which boot skin health.
- Apricots are rich in beta-carotene, lutein, corn protein and vitamin C and E. The excellent source of these nutrients is to protect the eyes of damage.
- These are best for anemic patient. Apricot promotes hemoglobin due to the presence of copper and iron in it. copper and iron content in apricot fight with anemia on regular intake of this fruit.
- Apricot is a source of both soluble and insoluble fibre. The purpose of Insoluble fibres is as bulking agents. In contrast, soluble fibre can affect health and metabolism and our weight. Apricots contain a high level of soluble fibre that protects against high blood sugar and high cholesterol levels.
- Apricot is a very hydrating, it can help adjust blood pressure, body temperature, joint health and heart rate.
Dried Apricots smoothie for Weight loss:
A quick recipe for an apricot smoothie that will do justice to your health and taste.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Yogurt/ Dahi
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp. almond milk/low-fat milk
- Handful of ice
Blend all ingredients in a blender until it’s nice and smooth.
Transfer to a glass and enjoy!