Saffron tea is a Kashmiri traditional tea made with saffron threads. Saffron tea is refreshing and mood-lifting herbal beverages that have a lot of anti-depressant properties. Unlike Zafrani chai which is made with milk, this saffron tea is a kind of Kehwa purely water-based thus keeps your calories in check.
Saffron tea has various rejuvenating properties and is rich in anti-oxidants. Most importantly the taste of saffron tea is just a perfect combo of sweetness with a slightly spicy flavor. The tea is often served during marriages and on important occasions. It is consumed during winters because of its uncountable health benefits and immunity strengthening power.
- Saffron: It is the main ingredient of the tea, so you must only use high-quality saffron which is free from adulteration. Crimson saffron provided you the best quality saffron without any adulteration.
- Cinnamon: is mainly a winter spice that has blended sweet and savory flavors with an aromatic smell. Cinnamon evokes warmth and comfort during winters and is the main component of Kashmiri kehva.
- Ginger: Ginger has been used in our food cuisines for ages. It has enormous medicinal properties used for curing cough, cold, flu, and inflammation.
- Sugar: adds a flavor to the tea. You can use honey or another sweetener to get the desire. It is usually preferred to use a medium quantity of sugar so that the tea would have a balanced flavor of spices and sugar.
Prep time: 5 mins.
Cook time: 15 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
- ½ litre water.
- 0.25g saffron (10-15 strands).
- 1tsp sugar.
- 1stick cinnamon.
- 1tsp ginger grated.
- Add some water in a pan and allow it to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add cinnamon stick, grated ginger, saffron, sugar to the water.
- Let the tea simmer for 15 mins and cover the pan with a lid.
- Strain the tea and serve it hot.
- Use freshly grated ginger. Avoid using ginger powder as it will not produce a good taste and will not produce good color.
- Add ingredients only after water comes to a boil.
- Use a moderate amount of sugar such that you can get a blended taste of spices and sugar together.